Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free
Feb 09, 2011 03:10PM
Feb 09, 2011 04:30PM
Feb 09, 2011 05:29PM

I am reminded of the old proverb ( Australian i think)...

You can shear a sheep many times but you can skin him only once.

The news about the drilling and new finds doesn't seem to stick Ie. put a floor under the price. It seems to me that the market wants to know what's happening with earnings which depends on production and the POG neither of which look certain to surprise to the upside just now. The POG has done it's part over the past year but the production hasn't and all the other positve news from the company hasn't been able provide any sustainable boost to the SP. Feb.9/10 closed at $3.54...today 1 year later we close at $3.06. I would never have predicted that a year ago. Gold was around $1075 this time last year up nearly 27% to $1360 now.It seems to me the progress of the company on many things has been good but the bottom line hasn't been one of them and it seems that is what is punishing the stock. So as far as the market is concerned it seems like blue sky be damned...it's just "Show me the money!" It's been tough seeing the share price appear to show such promise at times over the last year only to have it deteriorate again and again.This last fall from $4.00 has been sickening.Maybe it's been good for the more adept traders among us who are able to pick the tops and bottoms, but a 25% drop in 6 weeks.C'mon Man! And my fear is that absent positive earnings or a takeover or some fantastic news we will not see a $4.00 SP again for some time yet...just MHO....I hope I'm wrong

New Message
Please login to post a reply