Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Where is the line then?

you are suggesting that someone posting something that is 100% false and known to be false is the line?

Can I be sued for posting something like "San Gold has produced 10 000 oz of gold in the month of May alone" Obviously it is false and obviously I would be called out by memember on this forum but is it an illegal act that should be prosecuted? I don' think so.

If people are foolish enough to base their investment descision based on what is posted on a forum, they should be prosecuted, not the poster. lol

Forums are all about rumors. Rumors may or may not be true or false. It's up to the educated investor to know the difference.

If I said the Phoenix Cayotes are moving to Quebec, everyone would laugh at me. I should not be sued for this. I think anything said on a forum is free game or else what is the point of the forum, you might as well just get rid of them and everyone can only look up the facts on the companies websites. What fun would that be?

Am I the only one that sees it this way? I think there is a clear difference what someone post on a forum or their own blogs for that matter vs if someone posting picture of on a telephone pole calling me a pedophile.

I could be wrong and i guess it will depend on how the courts rule on this in the end. I just don't see it as a big deal.

Its not like he posted that the company was doing illeagal things, I think as long as you are not falsely accusing someone of an illegal action. it should be free game.

New Message
Please login to post a reply