Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

this PDF dates back 10 yrs before San took over. The report highlites alot of gold mines on the Greens which i am sure San was well informed on . Taking control of the entire Belt and just my thoughts here was always in the cards. Bison claims sit in line with the South East Exit of the Ross Pluton eruption.The Central Mine area could hold more gold then the West side as the pluton drained from this lower East exit.

17). Judging by the detailed mapping of layers and bulk chemical trends, the sequence

of layering in gabbros is similar across the belt, from a melagabbroic base to a

commonly quartz-bearing, leucogabbroic top. Quartz veins at the Central Manitoba,

Mirage, and Oro Grande deposits are hosted directly by leucogabbro but the epiclastic

and basaltic rocks in the Beresford Lake area also host significant veins.

The Central Manitoba Mine

The Central Manitoba Mine milled approximately 395,000 Tonnes of ore grading

12.6g/t

gold between 1927 and 1937. The mine produced gold from a series of veins

in shear zones located within or along the margin of a differentiated, east-southeast

striking, south dipping, gabbro sill (Fig. 19). The shear zones also strike eastsoutheast

as well and dip steeply to shallowly to the south. The northward dipping

South Carbonate Shear and southward dipping North Carbonate Shear form a wedgeshaped

domain that bounds the zone of mineralization (Fig. 19). An excellent

description of the underground development and the geology of the deposit as a whole

can be found in Stockwell and Lord (1939).

Stop Descriptions:

Locality a: The Kitchener Vein and Central Manitoba Gabbro

From the parking area walk approximately 300 mwest across the remains of the

mine waste pile and through the bush to a series of low outcrops near the abandoned

Growler shaft.

Here, the Kitchener Vein, which produced over 90% of the gold from the Central

Manitoba Mine and the differentiated gabbro sill, which hosts mineralization

elsewhere, will be examined (Fig. 20). The vein is located in a shear zone at the

contact between the gabbro sill and a thin band of tuffaceous, cherty sedimentary

rocks. Ore shoots in the vein plunge shallowly to the east and are localized in s-shaped

folds in the shear zone (Stockwell and Lord, 1939). A stereographic projection (Fig.

19) summarizes the structural features associated with the Kitchener Vein. The quartz

vein is enveloped in a narrow zone of quartz-carbonate-chlorite-pyrite alteration. Ore

mineralogy consists of pyrite, chalcopyrite, minor pyrrhotite and gold............YOU CAB BE SURE San well take out Bision just for the fact that San does not want any competion from anyone. San well likly never mine any of the surounding areas as she has her hands full with oo7,hinges but either well any one else..PS, without prejudice.Traps7

New Message
Please login to post a reply