Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

The meeting was attended by about 80 or so people. WpgMoney was there, and so was NorthLion, good to see them both again.

From my personal viewpoint, I left the meeting feeling better about my investment to stay on for another year at the least.

WM asked a great question about why some of the board don't seem to have a lot of skin in the game, or at the very least, why they are not adding to their positions at these ridiculous prices. The answer was a bit of waffle on George's part, he mumbled something about blackout periods and such. Hugh mentioned that the board had discussed the matter.

WM will tell you that George got a little snippy about his asking him about how many shares he owns right at this moment. The answer came out quickly as a "0". - of course WM was not deterred and asked him why not.

Good show if you were there.

And that was not all of the drama as there was a guy, could care less who he was, paid by some save the environment group, who came to tell us his life story since 1976 - but was asked why that was relevant to the question that George graciously allowed him to ask. And when the guy wouldn't get to the question, George cut him off until some of our bleeding heart fellow sharehouilders piped up to say that they wanted to hear what he had to say.

Eventually he asked about whether or not the company would share water samples from the tailings pond, and then Dale chimed in and said that they already do that and ended the discussion right there, or at least I think he did, because I just tuned out at that point and all I heard was blah blah blah.

There was also a woman from some native reserve from near by the mine (i assumed) who was also concerned about some of the "partnerships" that SGR has with its neighbours .... blah blah blah - thats how far i made it into that part of the show.

Now to some important info, I managed to ask one of the mine managers/mill managers some questions about production and here was the responses:

1. Why is the head grade going down from one quarter to the next, and is this a trend that will continue. - There is a lot of spare capacity after the ore that is being mined and coming to the surface which is around a 1.8 to .2 oz/tn and is being mixed with anything that is .08 and better because there is still money to be made from that ore.

2. What is the rate at which they are mining the ore - 1600 tons per day.

3. What is the mill handling right now - 2250 tons per day (he said 2500 but also minus some blah blah blah and it will comes to about 2500 - 10%) (bad memory on my part)

4. When will the mill be back up and running - could be a week or 2, a part is being manufactured in Regina as we speak (i think he said pinion, but not sure). They are also cleaning out the motor (carbon buildup)while they can and reinforcing some of the motor mounts

Something else that was mentioned and whined about was the recent aquisition in Rainy River and Timmins - basically, they were able to add reserves at a cash cost of about $14/oz for the RR property and the Timmins properties were basically thrown in for free, but are in some good mining locations. This could be a trend as there are many distressed companies out there and there may be more deals to come.

There was also a mention of some drilling at the Jeep, targets that are down deeper than anyone else has drilled or worked.

The strikepoint lands were a better deal for SGR if they bought them with shares instead of doing the work, which would have cost the company more. Now they don't need to drill anyone's timetable to meet obligations.

Last that I can remember at this time, there was mention of upgrading the A shaft to haul 3,000 tons per day which would increase the importance of working form the 26 level into the 007, hinge etc... - I thought that was interesting.

Andy

New Message
Please login to post a reply