Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

It was tough on Management, but less than it should have been. George made it clear that it bothered him that the share price was so low; then he cofessed he didn't own any. The major problem he claimed is that investors are not reaching into pockets to buy. His graphs showed SGR is doing as well as most similar companies.

He was asked about his 'bonus' and he didn't seem to remember getting one. At $250k (I think it was) I would remember. I also thought the bonus could have been in SGR stock. Just divide the $ number with the stock price that day. But what do I know? That is dilution I could agree with.

There was some excitement when a 'foreigner' qustioned him about the new tailings pond and another from Hollow Water went on. This got quite sarcastic and George actually asked them if they owned stock -apparently forgetting that he doesn't. As an 'insider' he claimed little chance at buying it because of 'blackout periods' but Hugn and Ian and Dale have managed along the way.

It was not a happy crowd and George shook fewer hands than last year. When asked whether a 'Poison Pill' was still available he quickly said "If it were, I'd take it now". Best line of the show for me.

George and Dale and especially Hugh did say positive things about SGR and made me regain a smidge of confidence. However I used to take notes but didn't today: so many promises have been broken and deadlines missed it seemed pointless. Yet, overall, I still am hopeful. The world's markets are a mess and everything seems like a crapshoot. But they have certainly made progress and have solid plans. And my money stays with SGR.

New Message
Please login to post a reply