Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

I was hoping that by now no mutual funds would be holding any shares in SGR so if they continued to have redemptions it would no longer effect the share price.

We still have too many sellers than buyers hence the continuing fall in share price. Retail folk must be thinking the Company could go to zero and selling, I don't share that feeling. With their cash in the bank ($50m+/-) and production every day, they should be able to continue operating even if that has to be at a reduced rate of development in low priority zones, reduced exploration and definition drilling. They are deferring Cap X expenditures per Ian in the conference call and focusing on positive cash flow. Hopefully they are focusing the development under the 007 at 16 level to get to the new zones of higher grade. We'll soon find out how good of a Manager and leader Ian really is.

Certainly tough to continue to hold through times like this, never though it would go so low and all producers so far out of favor.

Gold is over $1,400 in Cdn $, their variable cost of producing each oz is likely near their cash cost of $850ish so they gotta to keep mining and milling, hopefully over 1,700 tpd and getting closer to 5 gpt while keeping discretionary spending to a minimum. Ian spoke of reducing salary personal by 25 heads already, that better be true cuts to staff and not some reallocating to different positions.

I'd like to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom and hear how these guys operate in crisis mode.

I also don't believe the price of gold will stay at these lower levels, the US $ on the index is likely to fall soon, it's not really a safe haven currency (gold is ! ) the US $ is just in great supply and very liquid for world funds to flow to.

Hopefully we'll hear of an Easter Central Bank buying 100's of tonnes soon.

New Message
Please login to post a reply