Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

.155 with a volume of 1.7mm and the ask at .16

Don Vailleux had a good view on the gold index today, he can see strength from now until the end of the year.

My view is that there are many factors at play here in the next little while. The FED could make decisions on how to start the process to raise interest rates.

While this will be negative towards equities in the short term, I think that not all of the sectors will be affected. There is the spectre of real inflation, which would not be normal in a period of interest rate hikes, but nothing about this has been normal, so it might be normal not to see the normal, just as we have seen over the last few years.

The first 5 years of this crisis have seen crash followed by rallies. A correction is due, and the catalyst will be the interest rates going up. I think that all of the QE has only delayed the inevitable, and eventually the fed will have to inflate it's way out of their debt troubles. That should be good for gold and gold equities inparticular. Or it could be just wishful thinking on my part.

Just the way I see it. The best place to be might be in insurance in a rising interest rate environment, but then again, the next hail storm or hurricane will kill them too.

New Message
Please login to post a reply