Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwired - March 18, 2014) - San Gold Corporation (TSX:SGR)(OTCQX:SGRCF) ("San Gold" or the "Company") announced today that its Board of Directors has appointed Chief Financial Officer Gestur Kristjansson as the Company's acting Chief Executive Officer.

Mr. Kristjansson replaces Ian Berzins, who has served as President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company since March 2013 and as Chief Operating Officer since May 2008.

"Mr. Kristjansson brings a wealth of senior management experience, with over seven years' experience at San Gold. His financial expertise is especially important at this critical time as the Company refines its business case while shifting focus toward its high-grade discoveries at the eastern extent of the Rice Lake mine. On behalf of the Board, I would like to thank Mr. Berzins for his tireless efforts in building and promoting the Rice Lake project over the past seven years and we wish him well in his future endeavors," said San Gold's Chairman, Bob Brennan.

"We have a strong team in place with well-developed mining infrastructure. I am honoured to lead our Company as we proceed to the next phase in the development of the Rice Lake Mining Complex and I look forward to working closely with our Board of Directors and the operations team during this period of transition," said Mr. Kristjansson.

Mr. Kristjansson joined San Gold in December 2006 as Vice-President, Finance. He has extensive previous public company experience and has held executive management positions with real estate investment funds and capital corporations. Mr. Kristjansson has a Bachelor of Arts (Hon) degree in Applied Economics from the University of Manitoba, an MBA in Finance from the University of British Columbia and is a designated Chartered Accountant (CA).

While Mr. Kristjansson serves as the acting Chief Executive Officer, Mandeep Rai, the Corporate Controller of the Company, will serve as acting Chief Financial Officer.

Mr. Rai is a Chartered Accountant with significant accounting, finance and audit experience working with large public corporations. He started his career at Deloitte & Touche LLP where he worked in the Assurance & Advisory practice focusing on publically listed companies. Mr. Rai has a Bachelor of Commerce (Hon) degree in Finance and Accounting from the University of Manitoba, and is a designated Chartered Accountant (CA).

Mar 18, 2014 03:37PM

Mar 18, 2014 03:41PM

Mar 18, 2014 03:42PM

Mar 18, 2014 03:52PM

Mar 18, 2014 05:30PM
Mar 18, 2014 07:52PM
Mar 18, 2014 09:43PM

Mar 18, 2014 11:55PM
Mar 19, 2014 09:57AM
Mar 19, 2014 10:08AM

Mar 19, 2014 11:01AM
New Message