Welcome to the San Gold HUB on AGORACOM

San Gold Corporation - one of Canada's most exciting new exploration companies and gold producers.

Free

Sa City.....keep this in mind..

posted on Sep 17, 2008 06:21PM
The Strike Point property is several times larger that the Bissett mine property and contains favourable gold bearing lithologies and structures as well as mapped surface showings that will be prepared for winter drilling. The geology of the Strike Point property presents two very attractive gold target types. It contains large volumes of the San Antonio formation and related units, the host for the Bissett mine orebody. Along the major east-west axis of the Strike Point property, the San Antonio formation is cut by a major shear zone that places it in contact with brittle felsic pyroclastic rocks over a strike length of 6 Kms. The shear zone itself and the adjacent rocks provide a huge prospective gold target zone. The second gold target type consists of vein-flooded tension gashes that exist due to the shattering of brittle felsic pyroclastic rocks during folding. In several places along the major east-west shear zone, both target types coincide. One such coincident zone contains a 500 foot deep shaft with limited 1934 production that was reported as being “high grade”.
The Rice Lake greenstone belt is the most significant lode-gold district in Manitoba, with hundreds of documented occurrences and historic production of approximately 1.73 million ounces from several past-producing mines. The Rice Lake belt forms part of the Archean Uchi Subprovince and is currently regarded by some explorers as being similar in rock type and structure to the Red Lake gold camp in Ontario, approximately 80 Kms to the east. It is not well explored.
The Strike Point property consists of twenty claim groups covering 2,223 hectares adjacent adjacent to the Bissett mine property. Marum can earn a 100% interest in the property
New Message
Please login to post a reply