Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM

(Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

Free

Garick, I respect your views and agree with almost everything but I have a question for you and others:

Many of you seem to be really hung up on having a board member with a "mining engineering background".

My question is, why is it so important for a BOARD MEMBER, who sits in an office in New York or Florida and only visits the mine/mill once a year at the annual meeting to be and engineer?

I agree that DQ has to go if only for appearance sake. But I really think that the mining experience should be at the management level, not the board level. I think those guys should have the big picture, finance, marketing, mergers, buyouts, long range plans and so forth. Frankly, I think mining engineering on the board is a huge waste of talent. They can talk to their engineers on the site, where they are doing something valuable, if they need specific information or understanding.

I would rather have somebody on the board who has tremendous marketing and advertising knowledge so we can get out and SELL THIS PUPPY!!!

As I see it....

New Message
Please login to post a reply