Welcome to the Silver Falcon Mining HUB on AGORACOM

(Edit this Message from the "Fast Facts" Section)

Free

This interview excerpt below just in from King World regarding interview on gold and the miners. I've read Leeb (his newsletters and books) for years and his secular calls have been dead on regarding many market sectors:

"In this type of environment gold will continue moving higher and higher, until it just breaks out in a major way. This dull trading range that gold has been in for more than a year has been just great for people accumulating gold. The old adage is, ‘Never sell a dull market short.’ I would say, especially don’t sell a dull bull market short.

Investors should also be taking advantage of some of these junior gold stocks. The lessons from the late 1970s are that these are the kinds of stocks which can fool people. They can trade dull for quite a long time and even drift lower. But in the 1970s, all of the sudden they just took off.

At some point in the next two years there will be a two week period where quality stocks triple. In order for investors to be part of that move, they have to pay the price of waiting. I remember in the office where I worked there was a guy there that was following gold, and this was in the mid-70s. But he had basically nailed the bottom in gold at about $100. He was invested in and following this small Philippine gold mine called Benguet.

Well, he finally got sick and tired of the stock not moving and so he finally sold it at some point in 1978 or 1979. The stock had done nothing. It just kind of flat-lined most of the time, and eventually went down from where he bought it. Within a week of when he sold it, that stock immediately went up five or six fold. I’m not kidding. That is a lesson I have never forgotten.

If you have mining shares which are quality companies, you’ve got to stay invested until that move finally happens. Investors will not be able to time when those type of moves are going to happen, but they can make sure they are there when it happens. You have to be patient. You may feel like you are just stuck in this stuff. But then all of the sudden they will begin to move and nobody will ring a bell to announce it.

You will just have to be patiently waiting in them. All of the sudden you will see your wealth multiply many fold, and you just have to be patient invested until it happens.”

New Message
Please login to post a reply