Free
Message: 2008 Recession - odds > 50% - Harvard Economics Prof. Mankiw

2008 Recession - odds > 50% - Harvard Economics Prof. Mankiw

posted on Nov 26, 2007 02:51PM

Greg Mankiw's Blog

Random Observations for Students of Economics

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Recession Coming?

According to the betting over at intrade, the probability of a recession in 2008 is now greater than 50 percent.

permanent link

Links to this post:

Recession Coming: Greg Mankiw’s post showing the graph that a recession is now likely in 2008 presents a great opportunity. If economists are confident that there will be a recession, than in all likelihood we are in a recession already. ...
posted by Joseph Provenzano @ 9:46 PM Sunday links: jobs not Jobs Menzie Chinn and James Hamilton at Econbrowser on the jobs report. Greg Mankiw notes a rise in those anticipating a 2008 recession. Justin Fox at the Curious Capitalist on how real estate weakness is beginning to “pull the economy down. ...
posted by abnormalreturns @ 10:56 AM Joy Raise your hands if you are happy to read this. No hands raised? Gosh, what a surprise. I still happen to think that the fundamentals of the economy are quite sound. But let's face facts; when we learn that there was a decrease of 4000 ...
posted by podcasts@redstate.com (Redstate Network) @ 1:39 AM Instalanche Alert Those who frequent the world of blogs know what an ‘Instalanche’ is. For those who don’t, an Instalanche occurs when Glenn Reynolds, the Instapundit, posts a link to an interesting post on another blog. Because so many people read ...
posted by Kurt Brouwer @ 10:47 PM Recession Fears Well by now most of you have probably heard about the rather dismal jobs numbers from the BLS. The establishment survey indicates that 4000 jobs were lost last month and made a major downward revision to July’s job numbers. ...
posted by @ 2:22 PM

Create a Link

<< Home

About Me

Name: Greg Mankiw Location: United States

I am a professor of economics at Harvard University, where I teach introductory economics (ec 10) among other courses. I use this blog to keep in touch with my current and former students. Teachers and students at other schools, as well as others interested in economic issues, are welcome to use this resource.

View my complete profile

New Message
Please login to post a reply