Free
Message: Thank you to several Silverado Shareholders re African Mission in early Nov.

Thank you to several Silverado Shareholders re African Mission in early Nov.

posted on Aug 16, 2009 07:06AM

I wish to express a very warm & sincere thank you to many Silverado shareholders who have pledged to support another 21 1/2 mile solo walk by me this coming Nov. 14th. Basically it involves Mthatha, South Africa & involves Bishop Terry Dance's Wellness Fund (this topic can be goggled). Terry & his teacher wife Diane are currently in their 3rd of 5 week visit to this Diocese of Mthatha, Eastern Cap province - all at their own expense. This Fund has ZERO administrative fees - amazing.

3 areas of focus are:

1) Epiphany Orphanage - 96 children - birth to 7 yrs.of age - 40% with HIV Virus

2) Hospice Centre - where 30 adults on averado are dying from AIDS

3) Itipini site - 400 families living on a rat invested old garbage dump area.

On a hopeful note, the University of Western Ont. (London, Ont) is reportedly coming out with a HIV vaccine within the next 6 -12 months. This may not initially be strong enough to combat the strong African strains of HIV but it is a solid start!

On a personal note, I am approaching almost 300 pledges with more than $24,000 so far. My ideal goal would be $40,000 - 50,000. God willing I will reach this goal - will also do the walk starting at 4:30 a.m. in about 6 hrs or less . (Hence the name "Fastfoot") This Mission has been very easy for me - not work, but pure fun & joy! Thanks again for your support!

P.S. Please don't complain about this being on the Main Board - it is very deserving of attention - far more important than the silliness in some posts.

New Message
Please login to post a reply