Free

Silverado Gold Chart

posted on Oct 10, 2009 10:29AM

Summery: Silverado share price remains in a narrow uptrend on the chart, the MACD Indicator has turned positive, the 20 day moving average line appears to be the price support once again with the share price advancing higher marked by a series of white buy candle sticks.

MACD Indicator (below price chart)
The chart shows that the indicator just turned positive with the black line breaking above the red line and the start of a new right-side up pyramid that is now beginning to form, this is normally a positive sign for the share price to move higher.

You will notice the MACD chart pattern, where the black and red line oscillates back and forth above-below each other over a period of time, and a pyramid is created that is either right-side up or upside down. This is one of the primary indicators that investors follow that signals when to buy and when to sell or short a stock.

Relative Strength Indicator (RSI) (above price chart)
The RSI Indicator shows that the share price did touch the threshold, 70, the over bought line back in Sept. 8, since then it has moved back down closer to the neutral, it has begun to trend higher on recent buying volume.

20 Day & 50 Day Moving Average

During the last week of September the 20 day green moving average line did weaken, moving back down to touch the 50 day blue moving average line. Here is how one side of the market force works to struggle for controling the share price, a short seller may think this is a perfect opportunity to short the stock betting that if the 20 day did break below the 50 day moving average line, this would be negative for the share price, and would possible bring in more selling pressure to drive the price down to make their money. But if the share price advance higher, bring the 20 day moving average line higher above the 50 day moving average line, which is now happening on the chart, any shorting of the stock during this time frame would be trapped because the share price advanced higher on very small increments, leaving no trading room for a short to make any money, they are traped unless they buy shares to cover/exit their short position.

My primary mission, to pass on my basic skills to those who would like to learn how to read charts so they may better understand the relationship of how the market forces work, buying VS shorting-selling. I am not an expert but I do have the basic understanding of reading the charts and when I have the time I am happy to share this knowledge with you.

Chart constructed after Friday's closing market using StockChart.com

New Message
Please login to post a reply