Free
Message: "When the Gold's All Gone, The Market Will Go Nuts"

"When the Gold's All Gone, The Market Will Go Nuts"

posted on Sep 14, 2008 12:29PM

"WHEN THE GOLD'S ALL GONE, THE MARKET WILL GO NUTS"
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/12...

(excerpt)
QUESTION: Could the powers that be continue to drive gold down?

JOHN EMBRY:They have a financial crisis of epic proportions and the last thing they want is for gold to become the go-to asset, so they’ve been throwing everything at it but the kitchen sink. That strategy has resulted in unprecedented shortages of physical gold. Half the bullion dealers and coin dealers in America can't get it.

The U.S. Mint suspended production of Gold Eagles. They claimed it was due to a shortage of blanks. I don’t believe that. I think it’s a physical shortage. COMEX has created an irrationally low price and people are coming out of the woodwork buying it.

QUESTION: And they can’t replace it.

JOHN EMBRY:The fact is that all this stuff at central banks has been leased and swapped and sold into the market. It’s gone; it’s not coming back. So we’re running out. The question is when will it be completely gone—that's when the market will go nuts.

QUESTION: Are you forecasting that for January of 2009?

JOHN EMBRY: That's when we’ll have four-digit gold—maybe higher four digits. As this credit crisis unfolds, the gold market can come into its own again. Attempts to discourage people by pounding the gold will end. When everyone realizes what’s going on, I think it’ll have a salutary effect on the gold price.

New Message
Please login to post a reply