Welcome To The SLAM Exploration HUB On AGORACOM

Gold and Base Metal Projects (Ontario and New Brunswick)

Free

Okay, I'll play. I think you already know my top 5 from another site we frequent, bushwhacker, but here they are anyway.

VIQ Solutions (VQS) - It recently became one of my top 5 based on valuation as a result of its price appreciation. I purchased it at $0.13 and have held it off and on through various reorganizations over the years. It ran up to $0.50 (after going as low as $0.07), and is now in low 30s. I sold some in mid 40s. Anyway, they're in the digital audio industry (software and support), digitizing courtrooms (main thrust), legislatures, etc.

Recent Highlights:

* recently completed a financing to pay down debt
* have announced a number of contracts including one with the NFLD government, and another through Nortel USA
* announced they are currently in negotiations for a significant long term contract
* Q4 is typically strongest, last year reporting an earning of $0.01 in Q4
* Howard Sutton from TERA Capital (largest shareholder) expects $0.02/share in Q4 of '07

Okay, enough already!

SLAM Exploration (SXL) - I have held for 2 years and like it more now than ever in the past.

* recently initiated a 10 000 m drill extension to the recently completed program
* financed with $4 million
* Nash Creek open pittable resource should be anywhere from 10 - 20 million tonnes when extension and infill drilling is completed
* recently discovered Hickey Zone has returned intersections up to 40 m thick of values up to 3% zinc
* recently reported grab sample assays from Fort Hope that included values up to 2 ozs. gold per tonne; past bulk samples of 9 ozs. gold per tonne
* announced that Ont. gold properties (Fort Hope / Opikeigan) are being drilled in current program (Opikeigan also returned values up to 1 oz. gold per tonne in past drill holes)
* Jake Lee property returned grab samples from boulders in the past up to 10 ozs. gold per tonne
* feasibility study will be initiated on Nash Creek property in near term
* all this for a market cap under $15 million (currently at $0.17 / share)

Empire Industries (EIL) - I purchased a couple months ago after I read a very favourable article in a trade magazine. They are predominantly a metal fabricator and constructor. I purchased it as a Western Canada "infrastructure play". It also has exposure to the tar sands. Recently purchased Tornado Technologies. It's been growing through acquisitions. Hopefully, it focusses on integrating these acquisitions and organic growth.

* has $100 million + order backlog
* recently announced a $20 million contract constructing a bridge in B.C. (Port Coquitlam - sp?), I believe
* SNC Lavalin has had a close working "relationship" with them in the past, awarding (sub)contracts to EIL
* currently trading about 10X trailing earnings I believe; I think Doren on BNN last week stated current price ($0.50) is under 5X forward price/earnings
* has had 7 straight quarters of profitability

Energold Drilling (EGD) - my favourite way of playing junior mineral explorers. Holes will be drilled. Might as well profit from this exploration whether holes are barren or not! Who cares!

Eagle Rock Exploration (ERX) - see bush's comments. This could easily double from current prices of 0.30. One of the best netbacks in the industry and currently trading for ridiculously low cash flow multiples.

And I guess that's it! JNY is hovering close to my top 5. If I sell any further VQS or it declines much more, JNY will jump up.

Have a great evening everyone!

New Message
Please login to post a reply