Welcome To The Snowfield Development Corp. HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free
Message: Re: Snowfield awaits Mud Lake samples, plans summer program

This is a very encouraging news release and it really emphases that the company has moved on and is getting on with the job of exploration.

The indicator mineral analysis tells me that the company has not turned its back on the science of diamond exploration. Clearly they are using the Mud Lake's very promising indicator minerals to gain a better understanding of the potential diamond population within the sill complex. We know that we have green garnets and other KIM, but I suspect that the variation of their distribution is also a useful pointer with respect to where the chances of finding diamonds may lie within the deposit.

The known extent of the deposit has doubled and, if the forthcoming core results prove that there are zones where the diamond population is more favourable, this increase in the kimberlte volume will be critical to the feasibility study, if/when we get to this stage.

Through the use of the extensive drilling now underway, Snowfield is gaining a better understanding of the geometry of the deposit and this will be vital to tracking down the source of the kimberlite sills. By finding the source of the complex, Snowfield will be able to establish whether there is any difference in its diamond content. Other deposits have shown that there are critical variations in the diamond population between the outer reaches of kimberlite flows and the source.

I would like to know more about the airbourne survey technology that will be used and if it differs from the previous surveys that have been done.

With respect to the additional kimberlites at Ticho, Jennifer Burgess has a lot of kimberlite finds in her repetoire and this experience greatly improves the chances of finding the elusive second kimberlite body at Ticho. They probably have been walking over these kimberlites as they drill and all we need now is for lady luck and Jennifer Burgess to meet!

As we all know, the costs of running a profitable mine are going up. Today, these cost increases are not restricted to energy, but are now pretty much across the board. This bodes well for Snowfield, as the location of the Ticho project will ensure that these cost increases will be minimized compared to other projects in the NWT. All we need now is for the science of the KIM to be proved correct.

I am looking forward to the next update.

Good luck to all.....peterjr

New Message
Please login to post a reply