Welcome To The Snowfield Development Corp. HUB On AGORACOM

(Edit this message through the "fast facts" section)

Free

Hi emile33,

I do not have any news, but I think that the bulk sample has been left alone, for the time being at least.

The company is still exploring the Mud Lake desposit to get a better understanding of its structure, size and likely diamond distribution within the sills and within different sectors of the deposit. This is why we are waiting for the core sample results.

From the results of the bulk sample tests, it is clear that the zone that was sampled may not be representative of the deposit. This applies not only to the content of diamonds, but also the nature of the kimberlite itself (eg alteration, hematite content etc).

The indicator minerals found to-date, indicate a more promising liklihood that Mud lake contains commercially sized diamonds than the bulk sample results indicated. Snowfield is still analysing these indicator minerals, since they will also guide SNO to where diamonds are likely to exist within the deposit. This will help them to interpret the core results and lessen the dependency on the diamond count in the cores. It is worth noting that the cores are miniscule in size, so the chances of hitting diamonds is that much less than finding them in a bulk sample of the magnitiude that SNO has already taken from the deposit.

Whether or not SNO returns to the bulk sample to continue its analysis will largely depend upon the core results and the amount of cash that they have. Meanwhile, I think that their money is better spent on exploration and learning more about the Mud Lake deposit.

I hope that this helps.

Kind regards....peterjr

New Message
Please login to post a reply