Sonde Resources Corp

Exploration and production of oil and natural gas.

Free

Hi duncanmcl. You are right. It has gone to $5.00 twice during the time that I have owned it. My original plan was to buy and hold long for my retirement. I could see a successful midsized to large sized company being built if the Marquis drilling was successful and later the Mariner well. As it turned out when the Mariner well was drilled the stock was only above $5.00 for a day or two and then it dropped way down when the Mariner well was plugged and abandoned and the law suits started. I bought shares after that to downward average but they just kept going down and at a certain point I couldn't buy anymore and the shares just kept dropping. So I held on to them for the market to turn and ride back up. So I said to myself I will sell them the next time they go to $5.00 and when they hit $5.00 last August I put in a sell order at $5.00 but the price was only above $5.00 for a minute and then the price started to drop fast and I should have sold at market and taken what I could get but I said to hell with it figuring that the share price would go up in a day or two and it didn't. It went down to about $4.60 and stayed there until by the end of September I think, the perfect storm hit and drove the price down to where it is now. SNG is a very speculative stock and I've learned that you need to take your profit on it when you can. Double your money and sell it and run. The buy and hold strategy doesn't work in the market situation we are in today and in retrospect it doesn't work for speculative stocks. You have to be a trader in this. Lesson learned. Hopefully we won't be fooled again.

Cheers; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply