Sonde Resources Corp

Exploration and production of oil and natural gas.

Free

Sometimes

posted on Mar 26, 2009 06:25AM

Sometimes they don't have a clue on the IV board. You had poster's yesterday saying that Talisman is one of the three bidder's on Block 5(c). The last time that I looked, Talisman has been trying to sell all of their offshore property in Trinidad & Tobago for the last year.........and it's .....get this.....Scotia Waterous which is in the process of selling Talisman's Trinidad assets for them.

Somebody started a rumour on the IV board that there are 3 bidders for Canadian Superior's 5(c) block yet if you look at the Monitor's second report the receiver has asked for the number of bidders and their names and SNG management has refused to give them this information to respect the confidentiality of the negotiations. So as far as I can see....this is a lie on the IV board which everyone believes is true.

It has also taken the IV poster's a long time to catch on to REPSOL being thmost likely bidder. I mentioned REPSOL weeks ago here on Agoracom before anyone on the IV board caught on to REPSOL. REPSOL is completing their Canaport LNG project with Irving Oil in St. John New Brunswick http://www.gnb.ca/0085/Canaport-e.asp as I previously posted and it has contracted with Encana to buy the entire production of the Deep Panuke project off of Nova Scotia to supply 30% of the LNG terminals feedstock. It is a natural that the other 70% of their feedstock to feed the LNG terminal could come from Trinidad. The LNG produced in New Brunswick would then be shipped to Europe for top dollar @ $10 to $15 dollars per mmcf . The IV board is oblivious to what is going on in Canada in the oil & gas world.

Also, on the IV board posters continue to estimate the value of the natural gas produced from 5(c) at 0.50 to 1.00 per mmcf however this would be if they were shipping the nat gas to the USA. As of last year a great deal of the nat gas from Trinidad is not going to the USA, it is going to Europe to get top dollar

Best Wishes; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply