Sonde Resources Corp

Exploration and production of oil and natural gas.

Free

New Jersey LNG Project

posted on Oct 09, 2009 06:29AM

I was just reading through Canadian Superior's Q2 Report dated September 2 on Sedar, and on page 15, item 15 I came across the following troubling information which appears to indicate that the 50/50 partnership between Canadian Superior Energy and certain officers of SNG and other parites is now finished. If I am correct this means that Canadian Superior Energy is now 100% responsible for the entire Excalibur LNG Project. This appears to be a drain on SNG's limited resources at present and in my opion the New Jersey Excailber Project should probably be ended unless there is a high probability of success and other partners can be found immediately.

β€œOn May 20, 2008, Canadian Superior announced its participation in the proposed development of a liquefied natural gas regasification project in US federal waters offshore New Jersey. The project will be conducted by Excalibur Energy (USA) Inc., which is a 50/50 joint venture between Canadian Superior and a company controlled and owned by certain officers and directors of Canadian Superior and third parties. Under the terms of the joint venture agreement Canadian Superior will advance the first US$10.0 million of the pre-construction costs for the project. Joint venture partners may discontinue their participation in the project at any time by assigning its respective interest to the remaining partners without any additional cost or further action required.During the six months ended June 30, 2009, Canadian Superior incurred under normal industry terms and conditions $5.2 million (June 30, 2008 – $2.8 million) of costs related to this project. Subsequent to June 30, 2009, the 50/50 joint venture dissolved and the Company is now responsible for 100% of the costs related to this project.”

Best Wishes; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply