Sonde Resources Corp

Exploration and production of oil and natural gas.

Free

Correction

posted on Dec 19, 2009 05:57PM

I need to correct my comments on the latest press release as my math was faulty. My comments after my previous posting on the press release should read:

This appears to be good news at face value if Treherne Resources Ltd. is acquiring the shares for long term investment purposes to see Canadian Superior Energy grow in value (regardless of the dilutive effect that this will have on the existing share holders going forward). It represents a vote of confidence in Candian Superior Energy going forward and it will have the effect of breathing new life into the company which has been in the doldrums and out of the public eye since successfully leaving CCAA protection which seems to have attached a stigma to SNG's share price. Hopefully this acquistiion by Treherne Resources will act as a catalyst to jumpstart SNG's shares to a higer value and add more liquidity to the marketplace. It also represents a 38,461,538 block of shares to offset the other large shares holders: Palo Alto Investors Inc (15,002,000), Steelhead Partners Lic. (11,101,615), West Coast Asset Management (7,908,020), Matlinpatterson Capital Management (16,646,994), and Blackrock Advisors Lic. (9,199,014).

It is also interesting that Treherne Resources is being granted a seat on the Board of Directors along with their large ownership positition. I wonder if this will result in Clay Riddell becoming a new director with impeccable credentials on Canadian Superior Energy's Board or failing that his chosen representative who will be a high quality addition to the Board who might also become the new Chairman. Something to think about as we await the announcement of the new Chairman of Canadian Superior Energy.

Best Wishes; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply