Sonde Resources Corp

Exploration and production of oil and natural gas.

Free

Where is the new Chair?

posted on Jan 08, 2010 07:08AM

It is already January the 8th and Canadian Superior Energy has yet to announce it's new Chairman! We were led to believe that by the new year a new Chairman would be in place and the company would be moving right along. This has not happened yet and I cannot be the only one who is becoming impatient.

On the other hand I just bought some shares in Crescent Point Energy because I like their 7% dividend, and while I was researching their Board of Directors low and behold I discovered that Gregory Turnbull (who is a director on Canadian Superior Energy's Board of Directors) is also on the Crescent Point Board of Directors. The following is the bio that they have for Greg Turnbull on the Crescent Point Energy Corp. website:

http://www.crescentpointenergy.com/about/directors.html

"Greg Turnbull

Mr. Turnbull has been a partner with the law firm of McCarthy Tétrault LLP since July 2002 and currently serves as the Regional Managing Partner of the Calgary office. Mr. Turnbull started his career with the law firm of MacKimmie Matthews in 1979. From 1987 to 2001, he was a partner with Gowlings LLP (formerly Code Hunter LLP). In 2001 and 2002, he was a partner with the law firm of Donahue LLP.

Mr. Turnbull is currently a director of Storm Exploration Inc., Heritage Oil Corporation, Seaview Energy Inc., Sunshine Oilsands Ltd., BNP Resources Inc., Action Energy Inc., Flagship Energy Inc., and Mohave Exploration and Production Inc., all publicly traded entities listed on the TSX or TSX Venture Exchange.

Throughout his career, he has served as an officer or director of Baytex Energy Ltd., Barrington Petroleum Ltd., Castle Rock Petroleum Ltd., Hawk Oil Inc., Hawk Energy Inc., Kensington Energy Ltd., Lexxor Energy Inc., Newquest Energy Inc., Mannville Oil & Gas Ltd., Petrostar Petroleums Inc., Pinnacle Resources Ltd., Quadron Resources Ltd., Quintex Energy Ltd., Rally Energy Ltd., ResoQuest Resources Ltd., Seventh Energy Ltd., Tri-Ex Oil & Gas Ltd., Trigas Exploration Ltd., Trimox Energy Inc., Twin Energy Ltd. and Westward Energy Inc.

Mr. Turnbull received his Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Degree from Queens University in 1976 and his Bachelor of Law Degree from the University of Toronto in 1979. He was called to the Alberta bar in 1980. Mr. Turnbull is a member of the Law Society of Alberta, the Canadian Bar Association and the Calgary Bar Association. "

It is interesting as it states nowhere in his bio here that he is presently a director on the Canadian Superior Energy Board of Directors. Crescent Point Energy is an outstanding oil and gas company and my discovery that Gregory Turnbull is a Director on their Board has increased my opinion of his ability and value as a Director on Canadian Superior Energy's Board. Along with the recent announcement of Clay Riddell's inclusion as a major share holder who has a seat on the Board of Directors (or his appointee) I am becoming more and more confident in Canadian Superior Energy's future. Now if we only had our new Chariman........................

Best Wishes; Scott

New Message
Please login to post a reply