Welcome to the Starfield Resources Disucssion Forum

The Company has three main projects: a PGE project in Montana's Stillwater District; a copper project in California's historic Moonlight Copper Mining District; and a nickel-copper-cobalt-PGE project in Ferguson Lake, Nunavut.

Free

Feb 26, 2009 06:44AM

KVC
Feb 26, 2009 07:28AM

From what I have been able to gather from the website is that these sulphides come to surface, but they do not say whether it is east or west. Anytime you have sulphides coming to surface you present the chance that it could be open pitted. If it is big enough and it does look as though it is. They just say that there are gossans on surface and that this system runs for more than 15kms. You can get a whole lot of metal in 15kms imo. The original zone has only been drilled for 4-5 kms out of a total length of close to 20kms I believe and not all of the results are in the inferred results yet because of the spacing.(119 being a prime example, where there was elevated levels of metals) They at one time had 60+ million tonnes inferred but when they had someone else do the resource figures they weren't happy with the distance between holes so did not include it in the resources. This is not to say that the 60+ tonnes.

Another thing that interests me, on the explanation of the Y Lake sulphides they say it contains some arsenic, silver and tellurium. From my conversations with Bruce Ballantine(Starfield's old head Geophysicist) he said that tellurium absorbs PGMs and hides them. So people could drill though it and somehow not know the pgms are there. Will be interesting to see if anything comes of that. Agoracom posted that SRU will be presenting at the PDAC in room 801A. 801A that day is for PGM explorers and PGM producers. Funny we aren't presenting in copper or nickel? Ah, the questions that need to be answered! Wish I could make it to the PDAC, I would have them cornered like a wild animal! lol

New Message
Please login to post a reply