Welcome to the Starfield Resources Disucssion Forum

The Company has three main projects: a PGE project in Montana's Stillwater District; a copper project in California's historic Moonlight Copper Mining District; and a nickel-copper-cobalt-PGE project in Ferguson Lake, Nunavut.

Free

The Coming Drill Season

posted on Feb 26, 2009 06:44AM

Let's try to get some dialogue going here!

The coming drill season has a lot of funds going after the Y Lake area. Does anyone else think they may have hit something good down there? My thoughts are this; they don't have to hit great holes in order to put this area into production. If they get more of the same, like the original project, and it is close enough to surface to be an open pitable project then it would help pay off the complete mine costs that much faster. Another ten million tonnes of open pit will go a long ways in paying off the whole mine which is set now at 6.5 years. If they can show that the project will be paid off in 3 years then this company will be right in the cross hairs of the majors and of course the Chinese and maybe Indians. Or maybe they hit something really good and are rushing to shore up some tonnage and this area will go into production first(if the metallurgy works out easily or can be put through the same process as the original project)

Talking to management in the past I know that they were searching for the source for these sulphides, maybe they have found it? Or think they have found it? Just speculating but with most of the drill money going into this area has peaked my curiosity! I know that Y Lake is some 20 kms south of the original project but one never knows what happened a billion years ago?

Thoughts?

New Message
Please login to post a reply