Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Re: kmk

in response to by
posted on Nov 19, 2009 11:43AM

Sold half my KMK 2 days ago. Would've sold it all, but I thought my "sell spikes, buy pullbacks" strategy might eventually backfire. Will buy back the half if it hits 1.86.

Sold most of my non-micro cap gold stocks yesterday - looked like another peak. Here's one I'm really glad I sold: [might be able to buy it back at 2.50 in a few days].

New Gold ordered to stop mining at Cerro San Pedro

2009-11-19 09:53 ET - News Release

Ms. Melanie Hennessey reports

NEW GOLD TO APPEAL SUSPENSION OF MEXICAN MINING OPERATION

New Gold Inc. is co-operating with Mexican government authorities and pursuing all legal appeals after the company was notified yesterday that it must suspend mining operations at its Cerro San Pedro mine, known regionally as Minera San Xavier (MSX). Although mining has been suspended, gold recovery operations of existing inventory on the leach pads are continuing.

Following a ruling by the Federal Court of Fiscal and Administrative Justice, SEMARNAT, the Mexican government's environmental protection agency, nullified the mine's environmental impact statement (EIS) which was issued in 2006. PROFEPA, the Mexican environmental enforcement agency, issued the order requiring MSX to suspend mining as a consequence of the nullification of the EIS.

MSX has appealed the decision of the Federal Court of Fiscal and Administrative Justice and intends to pursue all legal avenues with respect to the recent actions of both SEMARNAT and PROFEPA. New Gold is seeking immediate remedies. MSX has also filed a new EIS with SEMARNAT.

New Message
Please login to post a reply