Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

I'm not much of a stock picker. Whenever I think I've got a really good one, I'm usually wrong. I'm more of a sector/overall market/intermediate trend guy. For this reason, I take a shotgun approach - buy a lot of small positions in a sector or subsector I like, sell anything that spikes up, and dump the rest when the sector cools off. It's a sloppy system, but it requires no special insights or knowledge about individual companies, and for the most part, it works for me.

It's also the reason I like to hear a lot of other people's opinions about various stocks. I'm almost fully loaded up with a large variety of Venture PM stocks - it's a really long list, and I know virtually nothing about most of them. Whatever margin I have left by Monday, I'll use - probably buy anything that Peter mentions in today's radio show that I don't already own.

There is one I have a larger than normal position in - THG.v. I like the chart, someone recommended it on BNN about 3 weeks ago. That popped the stock. I sold it then & recently repurchased it. I think it has potential for another pop.

New Message
Please login to post a reply