Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Race to Rare Earths Heats Up

posted on Jan 21, 2010 08:58PM

Energy Report: Mickey Fulp interview

http://www.theenergyreport.com/pub/na_u/1322

[clip]

TER: What are some of the companies that you are particularly focusing in on now?

MF: I'm a long-term committed shareholder of Avalon Rare Metals (TSX:AVL), which has heavy rare earths in the Northwest Territories and Rare Element Resources Ltd. (TSX.V:RES) with the Bear Lodge light rare earth deposit in Wyoming. It's had very good drill results recently and other drill results pending. Quest Uranium Corporation (TSX-V:QUC), a heavy rare earth company in northern Quebec, is drilling an exciting new discovery called the "B" Zone at Strange Lake with thick intercepts and good assays. Quest also announced a new discovery at Misery Lake, which is another heavy rare earth occurrence. I've been to all these deposits just mentioned: Avalon's Thor Lake, Rare Element's Bear Lodge, and both Quest projects.

[clip]

MF: That's a good question. I think you've got to look for uranium companies of value. Look for potential developers or explorers in the right part of the world and pick companies that are going to be viable no matter what the spot price does.

My two favorites are Hathor Exploration Limited (TSX-V:HAT) and Strathmore Minerals (TSX-V:STM). Hathor, which has the discovery in the Athabasca Basin, has been beaten down pretty badly. It was $1.70 stock for most of the early winter, but it's had about a 20-cent to 30-cent bump up with volumes up considerably since the first of the year. Hathor will be drilling at Roughrider when freeze-up occurs.

New Message
Please login to post a reply