Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Lagging Sectors May Have Bottomed - some musings..

posted on Apr 14, 2010 11:18PM

While a lot of important sectors have been making new highs (e,g., semiconductors, financials, transports, etc.), I like to keep an eye on the lagging sectors, to see if the strength of the market can pull them up, or if a rotation from the leading to the lagging is happening. So far, it's the former - another demonstration of how strong this market really is - it doesn't have to sell one sector in order buy another.

Having pulled up the PMs, the market now appears to be pulling up agriculture, alternative energy, and finally, even natural gas. All these sectors appear to have bottomed and are on a daily MACD buy signal. I have a toe in the ag sector but probably will wait until June to add to it. I'm just starting to sniff around in the alt energy sector. Will avoid nat gas no matter what, just because I can't seem to trade it successfully. Just a personal thing.

The PM sector still seems to be in consolidation mode, but some of the stocks are nearing the upper end of the channel (e.g., SLW, NAK, PAL). Hopefully, we'll get a few more breakouts like TGB and EAS.v.

[end of late night musings]

New Message
Please login to post a reply