Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Ryan, For the next month or so, the overall market will probably be positive, and gold looks like it wants to break out soon. I'm using the strength to sell out because I don't believe it will last through the summer. If the run is short, the small explorer stocks may not benefit much because they are normally the last to get a pop. I think there could be a great opportunity to buy those in late summer or early fall. That said, MTB looks OK as long as it holds its modest uptrend, and DEC looks good, but could pull back to .35. EAR is just too erratic to call.

Re: BP, perhaps I'm just getting bored selling off my portfolio & selling options on GDX, lol. I know the downtrend is not yet broken, but it looks like a ST bottom is in place. We've had climactic volumes the last few days, and the stock won't make a new low. Also, they've suspended the dividend, offered 20 Billion for damages, had the CEO roasted before congress, had their debt downgraded. Everything has been thrown at them, and still no new lows. I'm not saying it will bounce sharply - if I thought that I would buy a call instead of selling a put. But all it has to do is not go down more than $4 for the next 4 weeks for me to make money.

New Message
Please login to post a reply