Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Wolfster,

I try to keep things as simple as possible. My #1 tool is just the simple trend line. # 2 is horizontal support & resistance. I also watch the volume at these areas. A break of resistance or support on above average volume is a tell, in my books. #3 is MACD - I especially like to look for divergences in price and MACD.

In a more general sense, I often look at the space between the price and the 200 day moving average. That's just to give me a heads up when things are getting extremely overbought/sold. Beyond that, I only give a passing glance to the others - been my experience that too many indicators do not add much predictive value.

I normally use daily (14 month) charts unless I'm looking for an exit or entry point - then I go to the hourly. I also look at weekly (3 year) charts just for an overview.

I believe in the "birds of a feather" philosophy, so I consider the overall market and the sector as more important than individual stocks. If I think a sector is about to heat up, I buy a basket of stocks in the sector & just play them - selling spikes, buying pullbacks.

And finally, over the years I've developed a couple of general market indicators which I keep on a spreadsheet and update every day. This information is sent directly to my crystal ball, lol.

Any further questions, feel free to ask.

New Message
Please login to post a reply