Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: A little long, but a great read on the paradox of forecasting

Hard to say - Peter's made some great calls, but like anyone who looks into a crystal ball, he's had to eat his share of broken glass (I know the taste of broken glass myself). A good example is the Oct. 07 market top call. He was bang on regarding the US market, but he remained bullish on junior resource stocks. During the 08 crash, the Venture suffered far more than the US market. Staying bullish on the juniors was a terrible call, but to be fair to Peter, he admitted it, and he always said you should only have a small percentage of your portfolio in juniors.

I've never really kept score on Peter, or anyone else for that matter. I just remember some good calls and some bad ones. My general impression is the same as yours - he gets more right than wrong. But he still gets some wrong - like when he turned bearish at the beginning of Nov.

It would be nice to find an unbiased scorekeeper to keep track of all the calls of various market gurus - that would be fun to check out. Hey - just got an idea for a new website, lol.....

New Message
Please login to post a reply