Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - 02/23/11) - Timmins Gold Corp. (TSX-V:TMM - News) announces that it has staked an additional 95,000 hectares of claims along the highly prospective Sonora-Mojave Megashear structural province of northern Sonora, Mexico. The claims have been staked along a 65 km corridor between Timmins Gold's San Francisco gold mine and the El Chanate gold mine of Capital Gold Corp.

The claims were staked based on Timmins Gold's geological understanding of the Megashear which has been gained from geological, geochemical, and geophysical surveys along with experience gained from operational and exploration success at the producing San Francisco gold mine and surrounding areas.

Timmins Gold's semi contiguous claims which lie along the Sonora-Mojave Megashear now total approximately 165,000 hectares. For a map showing the Timmins Gold claims along the Megashear please go to the Timmins Gold website at www.timminsgold.com.

About Timmins Gold

Timmins Gold Corp. is a gold production and development company. In April 2010, Timmins Gold commenced commercial production at its wholly owned San Francisco gold mine in Sonora, Mexico. Timmins Gold has projected production at a rate of approximately 100,000 ounces of gold per year at a life of mine cash cost of approximately $489 per ounce. (Micon International Preliminary Feasibility Study, November 2010).

This press release was reviewed and prepared by Lawrence A. Dick, Ph.D., P.Geo, a director of the Company, who is recognized as a Qualified Person under the guidelines of National Instrument 43-101 and by Miguel Soto, P. Geo., a director and the COO of the Company. For further information contact Timmins Gold Corp. at 604-682-4002 or go to the website at www.timminsgold.com.

To view the Timmins Gold Claim Group Along Sonora -Mojave Megashear, please click on the following link: http://www.marketwire.com/library/20110223-800map.jpg

On behalf of the Board:

Bruce Bragagnolo, LLB, Chief Executive Officer

New Message
Please login to post a reply