Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Monday, April 11, 2011
Critical Market Update!

by Larry Edelson

Dear Subscriber,

If you’ve been following my work closely, then you know the markets have arrived at critical turning points.
We now have ...

Two consecutive daily closing prices in gold (basis New York spot on the NYMEX) above $1,453. That indicates an important upside breakout for gold on my cyclical and technical models.

Gold also penetrating up through an important technical resistance level at $1,463.

In addition, we have ...

The Dollar Index continuing to weaken and now very close to taking out its March 22 low of 75.505. This is a potentially very bearish sign for the dollar and further supportive of a rally in virtually all commodities.

We also have an initial buy signal in the Dow Industrials, as it has now closed above 12,391 on two consecutive days.

I say initial, because the S&P 500 Index has not yet confirmed the Dow’s breakout, since it has not yet closed above the 1,338.25 level. A continued rise in stocks, though, is now expected and is also overall net bullish for gold and commodities in general.

Bottom line: The past few months of mostly sideways action in the gold market has passed, and the low we saw in gold at $1,308 on January 28 now qualifies as an important cycle low, the low I was looking for, though it came and went very quickly.

Simultaneously, it looks like the bullish long-term cycles in the broad stock markets that I have been warning you about are even stronger than I had expected, overwhelming the shorter-term cycles which had been rolling over to the downside.

And, at the same time, the dollar appears weaker than even I have been forecasting!

All of this means the following:

First, virtually all of my indicators for gold now point higher into June on the shorter-term cycles, and of course, the long-term cycles continue to point higher into 2015/2116.

You should expect gold to now form support at the $1,453 level followed by $1,438 — while upside targets are now $1,525 ... $1,570 ... $1,700 ... $1,770 ... $1,980.

I expect gold can now rally to at least $1,770 by June, possibly higher. But it will NOT be a straight up affair. It is boun

AL2
Apr 11, 2011 10:12AM

Apr 11, 2011 10:24AM

Apr 11, 2011 11:28AM
New Message
Please login to post a reply