Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Aug 13, 2011 10:38AM

Aug 13, 2011 02:37PM

Aug 13, 2011 05:59PM

Aug 14, 2011 12:38AM

Aug 14, 2011 10:00AM

Aug 14, 2011 09:22PM

I read your blog, and I have no basic disagreements. Obviously, lots of economic problems around the world. But I don't think anybody really knows how this will all shake out in the market. So I just concentrate on the technicals of the market.

I trade juniors the same as anything else, except I try to adjust for stocks with poor liquidity. For example, one day I personally raised the price of Harmony gold 15% because I made a typo (I hit Buy instead of Sell). Someone trying to read the technicals might have been faked out by that. For that reason, I watch the behavior of the Venture exchange - if it's acting well, I give the individual juniors the benefit of the doubt.

My main tool is the simple trend line. I have great respect for a broken trend line - especially if an area of support or resistance is taken out. Patterns like wedges and triangles are also useful, but most patterns require a trend or horizontal line break. I also look at volume because it often preceeds price. I generally use daily charts and watch the candlestick patterns for potential reversals. When I think a top or bottom is imminent, I go to the hourly charts and take action when the hourly trend breaks or the MACD provides a signal.

New Message
Please login to post a reply