Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Rare earth prices fall as Toyota announces it will use less

These duelling stories are a great example of the problem with trading on fundamentals. Most of the time we really don't know what the fundamentals truly are. And worse - we often think we know. Back in the days when I used to trade on fundamentals, I would read NRs, quarterly reports, study income & balance sheets, relevent articles, etc., and think I knew something. Problem is, this information was available to all investors - and the big investors could hire research companies which have the ability to dig a lot deeper. For this reason, small investors are at a serious disadvantage when it comes to actually knowing what the fundamentals really are.

It's common to see a stock with apparently great fundamentals, break down technically, loose most of its value, and only then the "fundamental" reason is revealed. So the big boys get out and the little guys are left holding the bag.

I consider technical trading as the great equalizer. No matter how deep someone's pockets are, they cannot get an edge over someone who understands the technicals. For me, technical trading works about 2 out of 3 times, while fundamental trading was worse than a coin flip.

New Message
Please login to post a reply