Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Susan, I think Louise was only talking short / intermediate term. Long term, the uptrend is very much intact. The main problem with the PMs is they had quasi-parabolic moves and more consolidation (Louise calls this healing) is required. Healing / consolidation is always required after these kind of moves - question is, when do the consolidation periods end. Personally, I think the end is fairly close, at least for gold. Gold is trading near the apex of a huge triangle - this is normally a continuation pattern. While a move down to the long term trend line is certainly possible, the odds favor a significant move up.

Silver looks less positive, but remember it had a more parabolic move (almost doubled in 3 months), so it requires more healing. The good news is it's already spent 6 months in the recovery room. My technical read on silver is really muddled, but logically, if gold moves up, silver should follow. I don't think silver goes back to the low 20's, but if it does, I'll rent a semi & load up.

New Message
Please login to post a reply