Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

gosh I've read hundreds of opinions on that topic in the last year and still feel confused...from perceived US turn around, gold no longer a safe haven in financial crisis, to the boys smashing so they can buy lower , the need to test lows....it just goes on and on....kinda have to pick your battle for the long term and see what happens. Gold stocks are getting smashed hard and breaking support and it doesn't look like it's over quite yet. Some os and seasonal conditions may soon come into play but all in all when you look at some of the chart damage in the commodities sector I just wonder how strong/long any rebound can be and if old highs can be obtained again in the short to med. term. I am surprised the verosity of the bear in gold and the difficulty of gold bulls to call the market. Casey research has had gold stocks on buy then hold then buy.....but they continue down and I consider them smart money. Anyhow the end of day, this may be a good time to pick a few plays and when you feel the thud start accumulating. That's not advise btw. I think if the overall market starts to crash there could be further problems. Def. a full fledged gamblers market today. When summer comes and volume drops we could witness some pretty dramatic lows or I guess highs for that matter.....anyhow my own uncomfortable feeling that has plagued me in this market has also saved me to fight another day, so continuing to be conservative may still be a wise gameplan until something happens to show us the way. Base metal plays could also drop further imo so still not even avraging on the ones I own and even in ares like zinc , with steel forcasts, not even taking positions other than my Donner which I've held for awhile. This has to end sometime but would rather get a good feel for the upturn rather then gamble....but we should be getting close imo in gold if these areas hold.....but will they hold or do we get another dead cat bounce....so other than that yes war, US possibly deciding to have an end game instead of printing money...yikes....so you name it , it's been in a headline.....

New Message
Please login to post a reply