Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

The following sectors look like they are coming to life after a long decline: coal, steel, PMs.

Lots of good stuff on the PMs: a probable successful test of the late June lows, volume is good on up days, weekly MACDs are on a buy, weekly & daily RSI have broken above 30, positive divergences on the daily and seasonals are now positive. Gold the metal and Venture looks similar, although Venture volume is only up a little.

And while the downtrend line from Jan. has broken, PMs have yet to break the downtrend since Sept. last year. I believe this is just a matter of time, but we need confirmation of a new up trend. A few daily closes above the mid July highs would do the trick - assuming all is well, it should happen this week or next.

I'm loaded up on PMs, but mostly the liquid stocks trading on US exchanges. I'll be watching Venture closely for increased volume. If that happens, I'll start moving down the food chain - if the up trend is real, the juniors will provide better bang for the buck.

Coal is starting to look interesting too - bought JRCC & OXF. Might also consider a few steel stocks as well.

New Message
Please login to post a reply