Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free
Message: Re: The end of the commodities super cycle and over-priced stocks

Thanks for posting this Kim. Gives me something to criticize, lol. I like Danielle Park - she's one of my favourite doom and gloomers because she always has something to back up her stance. The copper / spx chart is interesting, but I think it's more indicative of the housing portion of the economy - which is now less important and won't be leading the next move up.

My main problem is with the China GDP chart. Because it doesn't start at 0, it's known as a "gee whiz" chart, where small changes appear large. For example, the 9% growth in 2011 looks huge when compared to the just under 8% in 2013.

A small drop like this to be expected - the larger anything gets, the harder it gets to sustain the growth rate (the law of large numbers). And of course, the larger an economy gets, the less percentage growth is required to maintain the absolute growth. Which is my long-winded way of saying that China's not really slowing. Meantime the US and the rest of the G20 appear to be gradually improving.

As far as QE goes, I don't see the Fed tapering until growth becomes solid and sustainable. They won't make the mistake they made during the Great Depression. So I don't think the end is all that near for "over-priced" stocks.

New Message
Please login to post a reply