Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

I agree – at this point, the analysis is interesting, but virtually worthless. The problem with the analysts and their reports, is that they look at something after it's made a big move and explain (sometimes very nicely) why the move happened. But it does investors no good and may even be a contrary indicator – like the “company is no longer a client” indicator.

This is why I like to trade on technicals – when the trend breaks, it's best to go. I have to admit, I did very poorly this time – I resisted my technical bent and held on to the positive story too long - wound up giving back half my year to date gains. What started as a normal correction turned into a severe downtrend – without even a bounce to sell into.

That said, most, if not all the damage is already done. The risk/reward on these stocks is almost as good as it was in December. URA is in the Oct-Dec support zone. It should bounce soon – if the bounce convincingly breaks the downtrend line, I'll be back in a big way. I like sectors that tend to have quick moves. However, if URA breaks down and makes a new low, I will totally give up on the sector – for another year or so, anyway.

New Message
Please login to post a reply