Welcome To the Stock Synergy, Momentum & Breakout HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Last week's news about the FBI investigation of Hillary's emails have put the election back on the front burner. The market had largely priced in a Hillary win, but now the polls have tightened and Trump is once again a factor - the market is getting nervous. Volatility will likely continue through election day, and if Trump wins or there is an issue like Bush vs Gore, expect a mini-crash and a big jump for gold.

I bought Trump insurance last week (cheap out of the money Nov 11 calls on UVXY). They are already up over 300% just from the possibility of a Trump victory - they will go crazy if Trump wins (and become worthless if Hillary wins). I plan to sell half on Monday and let the rest ride. Right now I actually think the election is a tossup.

If Trump wins, there will be a market event similar to, but much larger than Brexit - sharp 2-3 day plunge accompanied by a massive VIX spike. The market will take much longer to recover, but the volatility will be hard to sustain, so I will buy March or June puts on UVXY.

I am afraid - very afraid that Trump might win. But if he does, at least I want to sieze the opportunity to profit from the event.

New Message
Please login to post a reply