TYHEE GOLD CORP

(PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FACT SHEET & UPDATES)

Free
Message: timing of Pre-PDAC press release (skeleg's prophecy)

Feb 16, 2008 01:00PM

If we were having a Guiness at the Old Town Landing (nice restaurant in Yellowkinfe, overlooking the Giant Mine across Back Bay) we could throw around our own predictions.

My theory is as follows:

AHEM...The Brontosaurus is thin at one end, very thick in the middle, and very thin again at the other end....

AHEM... and my theory about TDC and next major press is:

1. CEO and others would have to be careful in the interview and at the PDAC if they had not released any big information that people will be asking about. So they should release it just prior, and then be able to speak (glowingly) about all of it with no self-policing. So there are two weeks open;

2. Big news often requires a trading halt and then resumption. Doing such on a Friday (or even a Thursday) would be a bad idea, as it is watered down over the weekend and the market may quickly move on by Monday. On a Monday, there may still be some to-ing and fro-ing back and forth with lawyers checking the details of the release (draft).

3. That leaves Tuesday or Wednsday (19, 20 Feb) and the next (26, 27) Feb, before the PDAC weekend.

Note, thursday 21 Feb is the full moon (relevance?) So my intuition is that during the night of 21 Feb, we'll have lots to talk about, and will have seen the changeling howl...and the neighborhood wolves start howling in canine solidarity. The wolves are the institutional investors who are going to see cash coming in from money market funds into gold / equity and yes, juniors in the final days of the RRSP season.

I further prophecise that the press release will contain information on 1: updated reserves, 2: status of PEA, and 3: refocus of the exploration plan on the one hand (big sky), and on the other hand the cmopany will begin concerted efforts at progressing the mine design for the Ormsby and Nicholas lake resource. This change in focus is the benchmark that the investment community needs to see, in that (now) having the resources to bring a mine on line, this becomes the immediate priority, and expanding the resource / life of the mine a close second and continuous priority. So environmental assessments, water board, permits, power, infrastructure and planning progress are the issues for 2008 - 2009. It's the evolution from junior EXPLORATION to that of an emerging PRODUCER. My number (no less than) 1.9 million M&I, 1.5 Inferred for a total of 3.4 M I & I.

And the weather in Yellowknife, after 6 weeks of extreme cold, will be much warmer starting....tomorrow! As warm as minus 20!

New Message
Please login to post a reply