TYHEE GOLD CORP

(PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FACT SHEET & UPDATES)

Free

I just want to comment on this quickly. So that this message is not considered off-topic, let us remember that geopolitical fears are a driver for the price of gold, and we own gold that will probably be produced in the future when said geopolitical fears are likely increased.

I am here in Afghanistan, about 100 miles from the Pakistan border. While there is certainly a war going on here that is dynamic in nature, I think Jim Sinclair is exaggerating more than a little by his statement:

"This situation is going to be decided in hours and days, not weeks or months.

This situation goes a great deal further than simple border nations. It will open a totally new chapter of world history."

To say that there is a border here is a complete farse. There is no more a border between Afghanistan and Pakistan than there is between you and your neighbor's house. This is an extremely tribal region where one farmer may have a farm on the Afghanistan side, and his brother's farm just happens to be on the other side of the border. Most of the tribes pay little attention to where the border line is, and frequent crossings occur every day.

The Taliban moving in and around these tribal regions with no regard to the border is nothing new. Certainly if they were to stage an attack on Islamabad, things would escalate. I do not see this as likely though, at least not in the timeframe that Sinclair is speaking of.

Surely it is a situation to keep an eye on. However, I do not sense that we are on the verge of a "totally new chapter of world history" that will have any bearing on the price of gold (which theoretically is the reason why he posts relevant news items on his site).

Hysteria

New Message
Please login to post a reply