TYHEE GOLD CORP

(PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FACT SHEET & UPDATES)

Free

Question for forum (U.S. citizens, especially)

posted on Aug 07, 2009 04:55PM

Lurking quietly since my last post, but I do have a question for us. There has been a lot of talk lately about bank holidays, and Jim Sinclair got very specific today - he quoted Harry Schultz as saying that U.S. banks will close on August 26 (gold options expire that day, incidentally). If the banks are closed, then only those of us with cash will be able to manage, and that would seem to be a huge deflationary event. In this event, what would this do to the price of bullion gold? Would it decline, since only those with cash could buy it, and they would concentrate more on food and bargains? Would it rise, since those with cash would anticipate the decline in the value of U.S. dollars when the banks reopen? And then there are all those anticipating a seasonal gold price decline in the near future anyway. I'd be interested in what everyone thinks a bank closure would do. I'm coming into some serious funds in the next two weeks and I don't know if I should buy bullion and Tyhee now or later.

O.T. for Baires only - This morning my wife told me the first off-color joke in 17 years of marriage. The punch line was "che, llamame Carlos." Know that one?

New Message
Please login to post a reply