TYHEE GOLD CORP

(PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FACT SHEET & UPDATES)

Free
Message: A Tale of Two Feasibility Studies (as related to Tyhee)

Well that is an interesting response. Tyhee may not be there for him yet but I stand by my analysis on the market's range of reactions, and we should still be prepared for anything in that range.

Doody's decisions on which companies to cover is another question. It's his newsletter and I'm not here to second guess that, but here is what I found in reviewing the last year's worth of his coverage.

I note 5 companies that are covered that do not have P&P resources:

-Seabridge

-Gold Resource

-Novagold

-Northern Dynasty

-US Gold

So, clearly Doody is willing to bend the rules at certain times. Now the question is: under what circumstances? Following are some relevant quotes from the newsletter and my speculation:

Seabridge - "Pre-feasib study due 1Q10 should show 20+ mil P+P Reserves." This is confusing because, as stated in the response to Crowlee, a pre-feasibility does not establish P&P to SEC standards. An exception here is probably being made due to the sheer size of the deposits, at over 60 million oz M&I&I resource.

Novagold - "Oz don’t meet SEC’s P+P criteria." Yet, they have 28.9 million M&I. Perhaps size does matter.

Northern Dynasty - 97 million oz M&I. "If only half of total mineraliz survives full feasib study
(expected in 2013) to be P+P Reserves and show site is profitable to build and mine, it’s still very big! But, until full feasib complete (not pre-feasib now doing for 2010), it’s not known if site will be profitable to build and worth big fight from greenies who say mine will harm the salmon fishery."

Gold Resource - "GSA normally wouldn’t cover due no indep feasibility study. But, knowing Pres Reid’s mine building history, we accept explanation that feasib study takes years, costs lots and simply proves the obvious to him: El Aguila is economic."

US Gold - No P&P. Only 2.6 million oz M&I. The best explanation I have for why this company is covered is it is a "Rob McEwan special circumstance".

So, it is clear to me that Tyhee wouldn't fit in with these companies because most of his exceptions seem to be due to size. However, as I noted in my previous post, 14 of 75 companies he covers with "SEC-approved P&P reserves" do have less than 2.0 million ounces. So, if Tyhee can prove 1.5 million "not-quite SEC-approved P&P reserves" during this June's PFS, and if Tyhee decides to initiate a full FS in 2011 or just says screw it, and begins advancing toward production without it, I can still see it being a potential for Doody coverage in 2012.

I supposed we should wait with the Great Dane and Malbec campaign this year, but everthing is falling into place and these ideas should not be buried, we must simply use them at the right time, which is coming.

Hysteria

New Message
Please login to post a reply