TYHEE GOLD CORP

(PRESS PROFILE TAB FOR FACT SHEET & UPDATES)

Free
New Gold's (NGD.TO) New Afton mine near Kamloops, BC has won recent warm praise for their involvement of the local First Nations. I live in BC not far from this mine. Over the past few years I was fortunate to have met individuals who have educated me on the relationships they have fostered. Can't say it is perfect but going forward New Afton should add to New Gold's balance sheet in a very positive way. They can be a significant part of the work force depending upon training and location. My gut feeling is that this "Gold" standard will be followed by other First Nations peoples as something to strive for. It takes time and willingness to compromise. Are there any posters on this forum from the area who can enlighten us on the general mood amongst these groups? I have never been to the NWT. We need their strong and motivated presence in the NWT. They will be our partners for a successful outcome. Think infrastructure. Back to Tyhee. The Missionary work has almost been completed. It is the most difficult but least rewarding financially. The next step involves the vultures who come in to pick the carcass. Many here have experienced this first hand. Not sure how much happy talk has gone on, but there is a difference between reality and perception. Likely the aftermath of the FS release will expose it for once and for all. The excuses will come fast and furious but in the end it was what it was. I am investing in the New Golds and speculating in the Someday a mine will be built but the big question is: "Will we be there for the first pour?"
New Message
Please login to post a reply