Welcome To The VIT Chat Board

The Company's Eagle Gold Project in Yukon Canada hosts a National Instrument 43-101 compliant Reserve of 2.3 million ounces of gold.

Free
Message: Raymond James: Helen Should Grow, but Newmont Remains a Key Overhang

from april 1 to may 1 the shares short was ramped up from nearly 0 to over 700,000. It has barely come down as we have consolidated lower. To me that is a pretty balsy play with gold breaking out to all time highs.

Looking back at the news from April, to try and figure out what event or news caused someone to short this stock. They reported another great intercept on April 14th. Short interest on April 16th was 269,600 which isn't abnormally high. Yet by the end of April the short position was 735,000. The only news between Mid April and May 1 was the flow through financing. Did someone short shares so they could buy into the flow through??? Wouldn't they have covered using the flow through shares they received?? Has the flow through closed yet???

Unless someone knows something about the backin or some other news, I just don't understand the continued short position. I am open to hearing other theories because I just don't get it.

jjissel

New Message
Please login to post a reply