Welcome To The VIT Chat Board

The Company's Eagle Gold Project in Yukon Canada hosts a National Instrument 43-101 compliant Reserve of 2.3 million ounces of gold.

Free
and refocus your attention to retail investors. I have been an investor in VIT since 2/07, initially employing funds acquired from KGC merger of Bema. As were many fellow longs, I was impressed with the potential plays in Nevada and the quality geologist staff which could locate, drill, and develop significant resources. Frankly, while pleased with the overall drilling results and thus potential for Cove - other Nevada properties have progressed at a lack-luster speed IMO. However, since '07, VIT has obviously acquired positions in the Yukon - with promises of actual production there in the not to distant future. Moreover, Windy Point drilling results are in theory forthcoming, which is yet another potentially positive development. HOWEVER, the messenger (VIT head quarters), particularly after Chad's departure, has been emulating U.S. traffic controllers...and are sleeping vs. sharing developments with retail investors.
I have been investing in PMs since '98 and currently own approximately 15 companies, one of which is GSS. Possibly VIT headquarters could benefit from reviewing the commentary below borrowed from the GSS board on the latter's disdain for the retail investor (please note "RETAIL INCLUDES THE PRESS"). My thought is a weekly or bi-weekly update on active projects. Guess I am rather old school....give me the facts (good, bad, or indifferent) then permit me to draw a conclusion versus attempting to play darts while being forced to wear a blindfold.
"Management may not think what retail investors think matters, but they seem to forget that retail includes the press. Today the Financial Post used JAG and GSS as examples of stocks that should be dumped simply because they're not worth the mental stress. The Financial Post reaches millions of readers around the world so its wonderful to be named as one of two gold stocks in an article titled:

"Sell dismal stocks and save money and stress"

This is what happens when you hide your head in the sand, make no effort to get a positive message out to the world and do nothing to tell your side of the story to anyone other than the institutional investors.

In Canada there is no greater insult than to have your company compared with the Toronto Maple Leafs, who year after year, despite being the best funded, best supported hockey team in the most hockey friendly city in the world, continue to produce total losers.

From article:

"This stock market cycle may be a little unusual for investors trying to decide whether to hold or sell, though, because stocks really haven't done very much for investors in general over the past decade. You might need to decide if one of your stocks is really a loser, or just a victim of market circumstances.

That being said, let's look at a few companies whose share price has disappointed investors for years, as the Leafs have disappointed fans. We make no call on the quality of neither these companies nor their future prospects, just, factually, that their price performance has been horrible for a long time.

"Let's start with gold stocks. Now, as you know, gold has gone up for 11 years in a row. There are plenty of gold stocks that haven't enjoyed the rally, however. Take Golden Star Resources Ltd. (GSC/TSX), for example. Its share price (all data from Bloomberg LLP) in late 2003 ranged from $5 to above $10. Golden Star's share price today: $2.95.

Also in the gold sector, consider Jaguar Mining Inc. (JAG/TSX). Seven years ago this week, Jaguar traded in the $5.25 to $5.80 per share range. Today? You can get those same shares for $5. Sure, there have been times when the stock price has risen dramatically, but long term shareholders haven't made much, if any.""

http://www.financialpost.com/news/Sell+d...
New Message
Please login to post a reply