Welcome To The Westport Innovation HUB On AGORACOM

Edit this title from the Fast Facts Section

Free

Jonathon Burke is now in charge of corp development, working on the Canadian Gov't as we all know how how far behind California we are in clean energy...

I spoke with Darren Seed, who is now director of investor relations...my question on the Star article on LNG-is the flame burning out? with LNG being difficult to secure, increasingly expensive, and not much cleaner than generating power from coal...He replies that the article was probably written for Ontario which has a strong diesel base...he scoffs at the expensive comment, siting that yes, nat gas has doubled in price, but diesels gone up 400% in the same time period...As far as shipping adding to carbon footprint comment, he noted clean energy's massive new LNG facility in the LA desert area has the main gas line coming right to them, where diesel is shipped across the country by trucks daily...

answer to strungalongs question ...WPT's new LNG heavy duty engines use 90-95% nat gas and only 5-10% diesel...he didn't know what "squeeze & boom cycle" meant...He claims Demers stepping down was natural progression, he was a success and brought the IPO in and there were no further requirements for him to remain and their relationship with clean energy is as strong as ever...

I asked about Boone Pickens and his new wind turbine venture and his answer was that Pickens is trying to corner the energy market with everything but crude oil and is still strongly committed to WPT...besides, he's an insider and has to file all sales...

WPT's next step is still with the port of LA, looking for more orders...Darren can be reached at 1-604-718-2046, and post his answers to your questions here...

Shakey

New Message
Please login to post a reply